Monday, April 30, 2007

Poem by Marie Buck (from the first volume)

Gravitate to Me


I, babe in arms, drink no men or women alike.

Cut short the confession. I observe Katie and Tom.

I grin: I’ve been ensconced.

I would tell them the story about a beautiful baby girl.

Before asking her to marry him, he transformed himself into an angel.

My life is brilliant, no holds barred.



And that’s what I, Suri, am: the joy.

Enjoy the lady once more. Soon

you will be on top of the world.

We laugh. From the looks of things, you’re already there.

The house has the feeling of a sprawling lodge or chalet.

It is perfect.

There are stories upon stories exchanged.

A breathtaking sunset descends on the southwest ridges.

This is my family, and I care so much about them.

I see not how you can quit this place without being known.

1 comment:

Patrick Lovelace said...

w00t w00t this is hot. i hadn't seen it till now. heatish, so ready to see this. this book then the books i do will make a branching family tree. happy tree.